Canceling an installment indicates that it is no longer a planned amount to pay, and removes the canceled amount from the Balance for the request. It does not affect the Amount Awarded (Installment Total).
An installment with payments recorded cannot be canceled as is. Refer to this article for assistance in that situation: Cancel Part of an Installment/Installment with Payments.
Cancel an Installment
Follow these steps to cancel an installment.
- Click on the project name to reach the Request Summary.
- The project name can be accessed from multiple locations, including a workload page (i.e. All Open Approvals), the User or Organization Summary page, or the Requests & Decisions search page.
- Click the Award Details tab.
- Click the installment that you want to cancel to open the details.
- Click Yes on the Cancel Installment toggle switch.
- Now the Canceled Total and Balance correctly reflect the scenario, and the Installment Total (Amount Awarded) is unaffected.