Special Format Questions restrict the type of response that can be entered.
Integer questions will only accept whole numbers and will not allow alpha characters or symbols.
- Integer fields are commonly used for questions such as “Number of people served”.
- Note that if you are asking for a percentage or GPA, where you need to input a decimal point, you should use a text box, not an integer field.
Decimal questions will accept values with a specified number of digits after the decimal.
- When creating the question, the administrator will define how many decimals places they would like to allow.
- For example, if 1 and 2 are entered into the spaces below the "Number of Digits" section, the responses for that question would have to be in the 1.23 format.
- Decimal questions are useful for collecting information such as GPA.
Currency questions will accept numbers entered in a currency format including commas, decimal points. Hyphens can be entered in order to make the currency amount negative.
- In Reports, Merge Templates, & Print Packets currency field responses will automatically appear in currency format: $25,000.00
- “Amount Requested” is almost always built as a Currency Field.
- We do not have the ability to limit or cap the dollar amount entered into a currency field.
Date questions are used to capture a specific date. The responder can select a date from a calendar picker or can type in a date in MM/DD/YYYY format.
- When the date entered appears in Reports, Print Packets and Merge Templates it will also appear in the MM/DD/YYYY format.
- This question type is commonly used for capturing Project Start Date and Project End Date.
URL questions are used to capture websites or web addresses. The response must be entered in a Valid URL format.
- After an address has been entered into the field you can click on the field icon to visit the website.
- This question type is commonly used to capture a LinkedIn profile or YouTube Video URL.
Email questions will accept email addresses with a valid email format.
- Once an email address has been entered, clicking on the email icon will open your default email service with the email address auto-populating into the “TO” field.
- Keep in mind that emails sent using this method will not be saved in the request’s email history.
- This question type is commonly used to capture email addresses for recommenders, references and additional organization contacts.