This article takes you through troubleshooting steps to address a reporting error. If you need additional assistance at any point, please reach out to the Support team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
When attempting to run a report, you encounter an error similar to the one below, referencing "a plugin."
- Navigate back to the main Reports & Data Sets page, then click the pencil icon to edit the data set for the report you're trying to run.
- Examine the selected fields in the data set, and look for the following:
- Does more than one field in the data set have the same label?
- Do any field labels have special characters?
- Do any field labels start with a number?
- If you identify any of the issues listed above, you have two options: relabel the field(s) directly in the form, or rename the field(s) in the data set.
To relabel a field (question) in the form, follow these steps:
- Identify the process and form where that question exists (e.g. the application form of the 2020 Example Grants process).
- Navigate to the form in the process, then edit the question and change the label.
To rename a field in the data set, follow these steps:
- Select the box next to the field.
- Click the square icon, then click Combine/Rename Fields.
- Enter a new name for the field, delete the semicolon in the Separator field, then click OK.
- You can include a number in the field, just not as the first character in the label.
- Rename additional fields as needed in the data set.